Prisoner of war camp Oflag II-C Woldenberg was situated on the very Eastern border of Germany and constructed following Hitler's invasion of Poland at the start of the Second World War. Woldenberg is the German name for the Polish town of Dobiegniew, which became part of Poland following the War in 1945 and now lies on the western border of that country. The term 'Oflag' designated the camp as being for military officers, rather than soldiers, for whose camps the correct term was 'Stalag'.
By the summer of 1944, the number of inhabitants peaked at 6,700 and the prisoners had been detained for over 4 and a half years. The Geneva Convention provided that officers were to be treated better than 'ordinary' soldiers and thus they were eventually granted permission to hold a multi-event Games in the Olympic year.
Such was the respect given to the symbol of the Games that spectators recall the German soldiers saluting the raising of the Olympic flag (a bedsheet, with rings made from attached coloured scarves).
The prisoners had their own internal post office, with paper supplied by the Swiss Red Cross and stamps and post marks created from carved blocks. It was this post office that produced tickets for the 'Grandstand' for the Olympic events.
"Rok Olimpijski" = Olympic Year Wobozie IIC Woldenberg = Camp IIC Woldenberg "wstep na imprezy" = Entrance to events
The rear of the ticket showed the date of the Games, the Olympic torch and a winner's laurel wreath.